Getting married is so important for women in India that sometimes we forget to check if the guy we are planning to marry is perfect for us or not. For a good marriage, love is not enough. So, here are the 10 questions every girl needs to consider before marrying a guy.
1. Are his parents liberal just like your parents?
Because after living freely, it is quite impossible to go back to being confined and caged. You might lose your freedom and have conflicts if his parents are not liberal just like your parents.
2. Have they demanded gifts or dowry in any way?
People with such demands are greedy criminals and never get satisfied.
3. As compared to you, how religious your future spouse and in-laws are?
Getting married into a religious family can be a weird cult for you if you are not from an orthodox family. Yes, religion may not matter to you but to some people, it is extremely important.
4. Does your job can cover all your expenses in bad circumstances?
We generally think that our spouse will cover all our expenses if things go south. But the reality is that to have our own money can secure us in bad circumstances and reduce the chances of getting divorced.
5. Will your in-laws allow you to keep working after marriage?
Don’t fall in the trap , as people make fake promises. Rather, observe other women in their family and figure out how qualified are they? Do they work? and who is expected to do the household chores?
6. Do your in-laws expect to receive a part of your salary?
We agree that everyone should contribute to household expenses, but some in-laws torture their daughters-in-law for their earnings. Thus, it is important to clarify beforehand that your money is yours only.
7. Have you and your fiancé undergo premarital tests?
Before getting married, it is quite important to get tested for STDs. Moreover, to avoid the risk of birth defects, it is essential to get DNA tests done.
8. Have you discussed not living or living with the guy’s parents after marriage?
Your guy might be thinking of living with his parents all lifelong, whereas you might be planning to have your own little space. Before getting married, clarify everything to avoid any conflict later on.
9. Will he help you in housework?
It’s not always woman’s duty to do all the domestic work and you should not get married to a man who can’t help you with house hold chores or refuse to cook. Besides , he should do these things on regular basis instead of doing it once in a blue moon.
10. Do your partner and in-laws know your opinions on not having or having children?
Make sure everyone is aware if you don’t want to have kids. At the same time , if you want to have kids, make sure your partner wants kids too.